Age of Awareness is currently running an early intervention college and career awareness program at G. James Gholson Middle School in Landover, MD funded by a grant from the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). AOA conducts workshops twice a week for the students that include college preparation and career guidance. AOA participates in an all-school career day by inviting professionals to come in and share their stories with the students. During the summer, AOA runs a College Access Camp for three weeks where the students visit colleges, corporations and museums. Speakers and presenters are invited to share experiences with the students. In addition, the students receive math and English enhancement daily and write a college essay and keep a daily journal. AOA has also partnered with Prince George’s Community College and Alliant Techsystems (ATK) Advanced Systems and Technology as a part of our commitment to STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- OUR 2022 AFRICAN CRAFTS FUNDRAISER
- Age of Awareness returns to Ghana for school visits and cultural site tours: February 9-17, 2023. Please join us! For trip information and details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCHOOL SUPPLY BOXES ARRIVE AT SCHOOLS IN GHANA MARCH 2022. CONGRATULATIONS TO KAAJANO PRESBY AOA SCHOOL OF THE YEAR 2022!
- NOVEMBER 2021 SCHOOL SUPPLY SHIPMENT
- Age of Awareness 2021 SCHOOL OF THE YEAR!